My official birthday today so I opened some cards I had brought with from England
The boys were heading home today so although I still needed to cut and prepare more poles, I decided to put up the tipi. I started my lashing four poles together
and then laid more poles between them. I folded my parachute in half and tied the folded edges to two poles, then pulled the ‘chute around the frame with one of the poles.
You can see that more poles were required b ecause the parachute material was sagging in some places, but the boys seemed happy with it!
I wanted to learn the boys some plants so later in the morning we collected some plants and took them back to the cabin. We placed them on paper and completely covered each specimen with sticky take to preserve them. I wrote the English and latin name of each specimen and the boys added the Swedish name. If they did not know the name of the plant we looked them up in the two Swedish plant guides I have.
I noted the latin names of the plants and when I am back in England I will research their uses for the boys.
Bird sightings of note; Northern Bullfinch, Redpoll, GOSHAWK (new species), 20 Ruff lekking, Tree Pipit, Green Sandpiper, 1 pair Common Sandpiper breeding, 1 pair Wigeon, Tufted Duck, 2 groups of Black Grouse displaying. Female Pied Flycatchers are now sitting on eggs.