While at the cabin I have been working with Birch bark again. Using a small piece of bark not suitable for containers, I made Emma this simple little boat
I used split Willow to hold the ends together and lashed them with strips of bark. I had to set a small stone in the boat as ballast.
I should have used glue or Pine resin to seal the ends of the boat, as after a couple of minutes on the water, the boat sank!
I have also been improving my skills with making containers.
I am using Black Spruce for the container tops and bases as you can split it into even pieces and it is easy to carve. I bought a cheap pair of scissors from the Dollar Store which produce the patterned edge.