Last weekend I was at the cabin again and this time I needed to remove and rebuild one of the side wall in the veranda. In addition to a window, I also had to remove a door and door frame.
I took four hours to remove the wall
Once removed, it was time to start building the new wall which would contain a 2m x 1m double-glazed window.
Here is the view from the outside…
The black covering is a thick paper which is impregnated with bitumen. It prevents drafts but also allows the walls to breath.
I did not get the outside of the wall completed because I unfortunately ran out of boards. There was also no one around to help lift in the glass for the windows, so I have had to cover the hole with plastic.
I’m hoping that after next weekend, I will have the majority of work completed.